We are thrilled to be partnering with the Trailhead Institute and Public Health AmeriCorps to bring our first cohort of Community Health Worker Apprentices to our region!
Trailhead Institute is hosting the first of its kind Public Health Works program, combining a Community Health Worker Apprenticeship with an AmeriCorps service term to support Local Public Health Agencies. For complete details on the program click here: http://trailhead.institute/colorado-public-health-works-program .
TWO Positions in Lake City (and across Colorado) are open! If you are ready to apply directly to Silver Thread's positions, please complete the Silver Thread Apprentice Application form here. Anyone interested in applying state wide should complete this Inquiry Form.
While all Community Health Workers will get broad public health experience, the two full-time positions at Silver Thread will be working in close partnership with our school district and focusing on youth social and emotional wellness and addressing health challenges for youth and families coming out of the acute phase of a pandemic. Excitement about working in a school based community setting with young people ages 5-18+ is a must. Previous youth work experience not required, but preferred.
A few highlights of the position:
· 93% of apprentices retain employment after completing an apprenticeship program contributing to a high return on investment for employers and industry leaders
· The positions pay $16/hour for the first 6 months and then increases to $17/hour and provide health benefits.
· There is an education award at the completion of the AmeriCorps service year ($6,500) that can be used to pay off prior loans or for future education at approved colleges/universities.
· Additionally, the CHW Apprenticeship is registered with the U.S. Dept. of Labor and comes with 145 hours of training provided at no cost to the apprentice. Most trainings will be instructor led, by instructors with the Patient Navigator Training Collaborative, and the time spent in training is considered part of the position.
· At the end of the year, the Apprentice will receive a certificate of completion from the US Dept. of Labor and have the opportunity to sit for the Colorado Health Navigator CAPE assessment.
This opportunity is excellent for someone exploring a potential career in public health as a community health worker or a health navigator. Career ladders can be found here: https://www.mycoloradojourney.com/journey/tools/careers/public-health/public-health
We are hopeful that this will provide access to a meaningful public health career to the right candidates.
General Questions? E-mail Apprenticeships@Trailhead.Institute
For Questions specific to the positions at Silver Thread Public health based in Lake City, please email us here.