Skip to main content

Colorado Works (Temporary Aid to Needy Families)

Colorado Works, also known as the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, is a cash assistance program.

It's designed to help eligible families with very low incomes achieve economic security by promoting job preparation, work, and family stabilization.

Applicants who are either pregnant or have at least one child, and who meet other eligibility requirements, can receive monthly cash assistance payments, help with emergency household expenses, and/or services such as counseling, training, and employment assistance.

For more information on the program, click here.

For help applying, call the following social service agency serving your county:

Hinsdale County: Call Gunnison Health & Human Services at 970-641-3244

Mineral County: Call Rio Grande Social Services at (719) 657-3381