Skip to main content

Food Assistance Program

This is a federally-funded Food Assistance Program, created to alleviate hunger and malnutrition among low-income households by increasing their food purchasing power.

Eligible households who apply receive a monthly benefit allotment of funds.

Households can redeem their allotment for food items only using an Electronic Benefits Transaction (EBT) card.

For help applying, call the following social service agency serving your county:

Hinsdale County: Call Gunnison Health & Human Services at 970-641-3244

Mineral County: Call Rio Grande Social Services at (719) 657-3381